Terms and Conditions
E-Ticketing System Terms and Conditions
- This document contains the Terms and Conditions governing your use of this Website, SM Cinema online booking system, and the SM Cinema E-Ticketing system (hereto collectively referred to as the “Service”), your purchase of any movie tickets, goods or Services from SM Cinema, and participation in any competition organized by SM Cinema on the Website.
If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, do not use or access the Service. SM Cinema reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time and at its sole discretion. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of any changes to the Terms and Conditions constitutes your acceptance of such changes. We strongly recommend that you review the Terms and Conditions whenever you use this Website and prior to your use of SM Cinema Services. You can review the most current version of these Terms and Conditions at any time.
- SM Cinema is providing this facility as an alternative mode of purchasing movie ticket(s) and makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to this Website or the information, content, products or Services included in this site. In no circumstances shall SM Cinema or any of its officers or employees be liable for any loss, additional costs or damage as a result of any use of this facility. This Service facility is currently only to be used for the purchase of SM Cinema movie ticket(s).
- SM Cinema does not warrant that the service will (1) be uninterrupted; (2) be free from inaccuracies, errors, viruses or other harmful components; (3) meet your requirements; or (4) operate in the configuration or with the hardware or software you use. If you are dissatisfied with this Website or any content on the site, or with the Terms and Conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using SM Cinema Services. You acknowledge, by your use of SM Cinema Services, that your use is at your sole risk.
- In the event any applicable law does not allow the limitation of liability set forth above or any part of this limitation on liability is found to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, then the aggregate liability of SM Cinema under such circumstances for liabilities that otherwise would have been limited and shall not exceed the price you paid for the purchase via the Service.
IV. Permitted Use
- SM Cinema Services are available only to, and may only be used by individuals who can form legally binding contracts under the law. Without limiting the foregoing, our Services are not available to children (persons under the age of 18). If you are under the age of 18, you can use SM Cinema Services only in conjunction with, and under the supervision of your parents or guardians.
- Prior to any purchase of SM Cinema Services from or through this Website, or before participating in any competition organised by SM Cinema on the Website, you are required to register online as a member and you will be given a User ID which shall not be transferred or sold to another party. Registration and joining as a member is free. You may be asked to provide personal information (including mobile number and address) to SM Cinema when registering as a member.
- You acknowledge that if you do not register as a member of this Website, your activity in this Website will be limited.
- Employees of SM Cinema, their relatives and its related bodies corporate are entitled to become members of the Website, but are not entitled to participate in any competitions organised by SM Cinema on the Website. This limitation includes employees' relatives up to the 3rd degree of consanguinity and affinity.
- Without limiting other remedies, SM Cinema may at its sole discretion limit your activity, temporarily or indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide SM Cinema Services to you if: (a) you breach any Terms and Conditions hereof or any terms incorporated by reference; (b) we are unable to verify or authenticate any information provided to us which we deemed is requisite and necessary; (c) thrice fail to purchase and claim the reserved tickets (3) times, which entails purchasing and claiming the reserved tickets within two (2) days after making the reservation; or (d) we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability to us.
V. Copyrights and Proprietary Rights
- The Service is for your personal and non-commercial use. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by SM Cinema, you agree that you will not use the Service or duplicate, download, publish, modify or otherwise distribute or use any material included in the Service for any purpose, except to review the information included in the Service, to subscribe to programs included in the Service, and to purchase movie or other event tickets, or other products offered by SM Cinema for your personal use. You also agree that you will not link to any page on the Service other than SM Cinema's home page, without SM Cinema's prior written consent. Use of the Service or the materials or content contained in the Service for any purpose not set forth in these Terms and Conditions is prohibited.
- You acknowledge and agree that the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Services and in all information and materials on this Website ("Website Content") are owned by SM Cinema, its affiliates, suppliers or licensors unless otherwise expressly indicated. The Website Content is protected by Phillippine and international copyright and trademark laws.
- You agree that you will not do any of the following without SM Cinema's written permission:
- use SM Cinema's trademarks, except for printing out a copy of this Website or as part of a reference to an SM Cinema product or service;
- reproduce, copy, modify, merge, adapt, translate, re-publish, frame, upload to a third party, post, transmit, broadcast, communicate to the public or otherwise make the Website Content available to the public;
- transmit or display the Website Content on any computer, system or network which permits electronic access by more than one user at a time;
- use, sell, assign, rent, sub-licence or otherwise deal with the Website Content except as permitted by the Terms and Conditions; or
- anything else which would infringe SM Cinema's rights or the rights of SM Cinema's content suppliers.
- You may view this Website using a web "browser" so long as you do not change the form of copyright and other proprietary notices. If you are interested in a piece of content solely for your own personal and non commercial use, you may save a single copy, print one or download one.
- Movie tickets purchased via the Services are strictly non-cancelable and are not available for exchange under whatever circumstances. Refunds will be provided only when the movie itself has been canceled/re-scheduled, or if the cinema(s) concerned will not be operating at the date stated in the purchased movie ticket for any reason whatsoever. Refunds will be coursed thru the respective medium by which the Purchaser bought the tickets (credit card/debit card/G-cash).
- A non-refundable PHP 20.00 (Philippine Peso) convenience charge per transaction will be charged to your credit card / G-Cash for every ticket purchased via the Services.
- Movie tickets purchased via the Services will be available for collection at the relevant cinema from either the ticket booth or ticketing kiosk (where available). The Purchaser must bring along the following:
- E-Ticket produced via website, which contains the bCODE used to retrieve transaction information for purchase verification and ticket printing confirmation. See Website help page for more information on bCODE and E-Ticket redemption.
- Movie tickets are made available subject to the classification of the relevant film given by the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB). SM Cinema has a legal obligation to refuse admission to any person, who in the opinion of its Theater Manager, is under the minimum age required for R-13 and R-18 classified films. Proof of age may be required in certain instances.
- Tickets purchased online are redeemable only until the screening time and duration of the movie for which the ticket was purchased. Once screening time has lapsed, ticket will be considered unredeemable from both the ticket kiosk and ticket booth.
- You represent and warrant that (a) any credit information you supply is true and complete; (b) charges incurred by you will be honoured by your credit card company; and (c) you will pay the charges incurred by you at the posted prices, including any applicable taxes.
- In order for your transaction to be deemed successful, you should receive an option to print your confirmation page from SM Cinema at the end of the E-Ticketing transaction process, receive an SMS copy of your transaction details as well as the bCODE for ticket redemption, and receive a copy of your E-Ticket in the email which you supplied when registering for the Service.
- All payments are subject to the terms and conditions of each bank and SM Cinema has no authority over any payments made through the bank payment gateway. SM Cinema does not retain your payment details or any other significant information such as your credit card number, passwords, pin number etc. Details of your credit / debit card may be securely held by the bank which processes your transaction.
VIII. Change or Suspension of Site
- Reservations are valid until 2 days after reservation was made. After allotted time for validity expires, reserved seats will be open for purchase at the ticket booth. A non-refundable PHP 20.00 (Philippine Peso) convenience charge per reservation will be charged for every successful reservation, which will be paid along with the ticket price upon redemption at the ticket booth.
- Failure to successfully complete a reservation transaction thrice, which entails purchasing and claiming the reserved tickets within two (2) days after making the reservation, will result in the user not being allowed access to the reservation feature for the remainder of the account's validity. However, the user will still be allowed to purchase cinema tickets online.
IX. Third Party Links and Advertising
- We reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Site or any part of this Site with or without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site and / or any Services under this agreement, for any reason. We do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our service, and operation of our Site which may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. In addition, the Site could be unavailable during certain periods of time while it is being updated and modified. During this time, the Site will be temporarily unavailable.
X. Governing Law
- SM Cinema provides hyperlinks to third party sites ("Linked Sites") for convenience only, and the inclusion of the hyperlink does not imply any endorsement of the Linked Site by SM Cinema or its affiliates. In addition, the inclusion of third party advertising on this Website (whether with or without hyperlinks) is not an endorsement or recommendation of the third party advertiser by SM Cinema or its affiliates.
- You acknowledge and agree that Linked Sites are not under the control of SM Cinema and that SM Cinema is not liable or responsible for:
- any act, omission or negligence of any person who administers or owns any Linked Site;
- the copyright compliance, legality or decency of any Linked Site;
- the accuracy or reliability of any information provided by any Linked Site;
- any goods or services provided by any person who administers or owns any Linked Site; or
- the performance of any obligations owing to by any person who administers or owns any Linked Site.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with and shall be governed by the laws in force in the Philippines.